Residential Infill Construction
Are you building a new home in an established neighbourhood? You will need a grading permit before applying for a building permit. Grading permits will be issued by the Development Engineering department before applying for the associated building permit.
New infill residential home
Infill lot grading permit
Documents required for submission:
(all documents to be submitted in PDF format)
- Residential grading permit requirements (PDF) – see grading permit requirements
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF) – required if applicant is not the registered homeowner
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) approval – if applicable
- Committee of Adjustment approval – if applicable
- Permit fee – includes two drawing reviews. Any additional reviews are subject to a fee as listed Fees and Charges By-law 110-2023 Schedule K (PDF).
Once your grading permit has been issued, please refer to Building Standards for next steps.
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF)
- Deficiencies and resubmission online user guide (PDF)
- Fees and Charges By-law 110-2023 (PDF)
- Lot grading notes (PDF)
- Final Lot Grading Certificate (PDF)
- Pool and grading permit online submission user guide (PDF)
- Residential grading permit requirements (PDF)
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)