Voting day for the next Municipal Election is Monday, Oct. 26, 2026.
Contribution Rebate Program
Applications for the City of Vaughan's Contribution Rebate Program for the 2022 Municipal Election will be accepted up to 90 days after the candidate's filing deadline of Friday, March 31, 2023.
Rebate cheques will be prepared and mailed to eligible contributors at the close of the rebate application period in June 2023.
To be eligible for a contribution rebate you must:
- be an eligible elector in the city of Vaughan.
- be a resident of the city of Vaughan.
- not be the candidate, or the spouse or relative of the candidate, including siblings, grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren.
Contributions to candidates who have not opted into the Contribution Rebate Program are not eligible for a rebate. Contributions to School Board Trustee candidates are also not eligible for a rebate.
The Contribution Rebate is calculated using the following criteria:
- The rebate is issued for 75 per cent of the total value of contributions made to candidates.
- The minimum contribution necessary to qualify for a rebate is $50.
- The maximum value of the rebate issued to a contributor, regardless of the number and value of contributions to one or more candidates, is $150.
Please note that a rebate cannot be issued for cash contributions to candidates.