Forms, Applications and Resources
Requesting a tax certificate
A tax certificate can be ordered by submitting your request in writing along with a cheque for $95. Please note: The City of Vaughan currently cannot accept credit cards for payment. If you are dropping off your certificate request to our Cashiers’ office, you may pay by cash or debit. For written requests sent by mail, payment is accepted by cheque only. Requests and applicable cheques can be put in the drop-off boxes located at each entrance of City Hall.
Please ensure to identify the property by including the property location and/or address, legal description, and assessment roll number as applicable. If this information is not available, it may be obtained from either the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC), by phone at 1-866-296-MPAC (6722) or from the City of Vaughan by calling 905-832-2281.
Incomplete requests may be returned for further information.
For mailed or dropped-off requests, and while City Hall remains closed due to COVID-19, tax certificates will be mailed to the return address as provided with the request.
Related tax forms
- 2023 Elderly Homeowners Tax Assistance.pdf – to apply for the Elderly Homeowners Tax Assistance Program for 2023. Applications for the 2022 tax year are now closed.
- Change of Address (PDF) – to change or update your address
- Change in School Support (PDF) – to change the school board your tax dollars support
- This information is used to direct your school taxes; to indicate whether you will be an elector for English-language or French-language school trustees; to prepare voters' lists for municipal and school board elections; to help with municipal and school board planning.
- Please direct completed forms and any questions or concerns to:
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC), Central Processing Facility Toll free 1-866-296-6722 or through Changing Your School Support | MPAC
- Charity Rebate Application (PDF) – to apply for a charity rebate
- Remove a Mortgage Company from Tax Account (PDF) – to remove a mortgage company from a tax account
- Notice of PAP Cancellation Form (PDF) – to cancel enrolment in the Pre-authorized Payment Program
- PAP Change of Banking Information Form (PDF) – to change Pre-authorized Payment program banking information
- 2023 Pre-Authorized Payment Application (PDF) – to apply for the Pre-authorized Tax Payment Plan program
- Property Tax Deferral for Seniors and Disabled Persons (PDF) – to apply for the property tax deferral for seniors and disabled persons