Woodbridge Focused Area Study
The objective of the Woodbridge Focused Area Study was to establish a land use and urban design policy framework for the study area.
The scope of work of the study involved a thorough policy review of existing Official Plan Amendments, master plans, and the Heritage Conservation District study. A transportation study, parks assessment, and a review of the Special Policy Area (SPA) boundaries and policies were also components of the study.
The Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan, with modifications, was adopted at Council on May 6th, 2014. The Secondary Plan was included as Attachment # 1 to the Special Policy Area (SPA) Justification Report package, subsequently submitted to the Province for approval of the Woodbridge SPA. The City received a letter from the Province approving the SPA Justification Report package in the Fall of 2014. The SPA package, including the Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan, may be found at the City Clerk’s webpage:
Council Report - May 6, 2014 (Item # 35)
> view Report
The Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan (track changes version) - as adopted by Council on March 19, 2013 > view
The final approved Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan will form part of Volume 2 of the City of Vaughan Official Plan 2010.
The Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan - as adopted by Council on September 7, 2010 (see below).
- Part A: Preamble of the Plan
- Part B: Details of the Plan
- Part C: Definitions and Schedules List
- Schedule 1: Policy Areas
- Schedule 2: Land Use Plan
- Schedule 3: Density Plan
- Schedule 4: Building Height Maximums
- Schedule 5: Distinct Character Areas
- Schedule 6: Parks and Open Space Framework
- Schedule 7: Pedestrian and Bicycle Trails Network
- Schedule 8: Street Network, Nodes and Gateways
- Schedule 9: Special Policy Areas
Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan: Special Policy Area
- Notice for the April 29, 2014 Committee of the Whole meeting > view
- Special Policy Area Justification Report - April 2014 > view
- Appendix A: Terms of Reference for the Woodbridge Focused Area Study
- Appendix B: Summary of Special Policy Area Policies
- Appendix C: Parcel Zoning and Designations in the Special Policy Area
- Appendix D: Summary of Special Policy Area Boundary Modifications
- Appendix E: Capacity Analysis Results
- Appendix F: Capacity Assessment Methodology
- Appendix G: Flood Risk Assessment
- Appendix H: Parcel Designations in the Special Policy Area for the Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan
- Appendix I: Summary of Proposed Changes to SPA Policies and Land Use Designations
- Appendix J: Existing Approved SPA Policies as Provided in Volume 1 of the City of Vaughan Official Plan (Council-adopted September 2010)
Archive - For draft plans and additional resources related to the Woodbridge Centre Secondary Plan, contact the Policy Planning Department at 905-832-2281 ext. 8981.