Lost or Found Animals
Vaughan Animal Services is committed to finding lost pets. All stray pets found are posted on PetHarbor, a pet recovery system that searches lost and found reports posted within the community and Ontario.
Search for a lost pet
What to do if you have lost your pet
- Visit the shelter frequently. Call us!
- Post a lost report on Helping Lost Pets and follow up with every potential match.
- Print lost posters from Helping Lost Pets and post them with permission in area stores, veterinary clinics and schools.
- File a lost report with neighbouring animal shelters in the area where the pet was lost.
- Post a lost animal ad in the local newspaper.
- Check the local newspapers for found animal ads.
- Speak with neighbours, and ask them to check garages, sheds and under porches.
Claiming a pet
Please be prepared when coming in to claim a pet at the shelter:
- Bring government photo identification with your current address.
- Pay for any impound and boarding fees for each day your pet was in the shelter. All fees must be paid at the time you claim your pet. Debit or credit card only, cash will not be accepted.
- Show the pet’s current rabies vaccination certificate.
- Purchase a licence (if the pet is not already licensed).
- Bring a collar, leash or carrier to transport your pet safely back home.
By-law and Compliance, Licensing and Permit Services,
Toll-free: 1-855-227-7297 (PAWS)
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
70 Tigi Crt., Unit 47
Vaughan, ON L4K 5E4