Maple Library and Community Centre Renovation
The Maple Library and Community Centre has been reinvigorated and redeveloped to respond to the needs of its users. This includes increased functionality, accessibility, sustainability, urban design, architectural design and citizen experience.
The reinvigorated space provides enhanced accessibility and functionality to the branch, space for all age groups to gather, a bright and vibrant story-time area for families and children, increased study spaces with wired connectivity, comfortable lounge seating and an outdoor reading garden.
Join the grand re-opening celebration on Tuesday, April 26 at 9 a.m.
Citizens are invited to explore the new and improved Maple Library and Community Centre! After being closed for extensive renovations, the library branch will reopen to the public on April 26. A grand reopening celebration is being held on Tuesday, April 26, beginning at 9 a.m. The community is encouraged to come out to tour and enjoy the new spaces. The in-person event will include refreshments, on-site activities and a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
While at the event, you can enjoy the new features and revitalized spaces:
The library renovations include:
- a fully accessible facility
- modern design and finishes
- increased open space
- increased lighting
- free wi-fi
- a redesigned marketplace area
- a bright and vibrant storytime area
- updated private reading and study spaces
- a new outdoor reading garden
- comfortable lounge seating
- a new barrier-free staff washroom
- accessible millwork in the staff area
The community centre renovations include:
- recreation activity spaces with accessible millwork
- a kitchenette
- a new barrier-free public washroom
- updated fitness centre change rooms with automatic door openers
- accessible activity rooms