Depending on the nature of the project, inspectors may need to visit a building site several times to conduct inspections.
Information about mandatory inspections required for each project type is listed below.
Read more about how to schedule an inspection for a construction project.
- Build Right Ontario
- Code of Conduct for Building Officials (PDF)
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs
- Ontario Association of Architects
- Ontario Building Code
- Ontario Building Code Act, 1992
- Ontario Building Officials Association
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
- Professional Engineers of Ontario