Yonge Steeles Corridor Secondary Plan
11.15 Yonge Steeles Corridor Secondary Plan
November 28, 2022 - Ontario Land Tribunal order and decision dated September 12, 2022 and the Yonge Steeles Corridor Secondary Plan. Phase 3 Ontario Land Tribunal Hearing for the Yonge Steeles Corridor Secondary Plan scheduled to begin on March 28, 2023
The Yonge Street Area Study, which began in 2008, was initiated to determine an urban design and land use framework for the lands on the west side of Yonge Street, from Steeles Avenue to Highway 407 (excluding the Thornhill Heritage Conservation District), and on the north side of Steeles Avenue, from Yonge Street to west of Hilda Avenue.
On September 7, 2010 Council adopted the Yonge Steeles Corridor Secondary Plan that proposes the land use policies and urban design guidelines for future development in the area along Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue. With major public investments in infrastructure and public transit expected in the area, either in the form a Yonge subway extension or surface dedicated right-of-way transit, this Secondary Plan provides opportunities for intensification through the redevelopment of lands fronting Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue.
- City of Vaughan Committee of the Whole - December 1, 2015, | Notice and Report
- City of Vaughan Committee of the Whole - October 15, 2013, | Request for Modifications and Status Update to adopted Secondary Plan | Notice and Report
Yonge Street Area Study - As adopted by Council on September 7, 2010, | Terms of Reference
- Table of Contents
- Part A: Preamble
- Part B: The Plan Schedules
- Appendix A: Development Concept
- Appendix B: Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Stormwater Management Criteria and Requirements
- Appendix C: Existing Property Parcels, Proposed Local Streets, Parks & Publicly Accessible Open Space
Dorian Place Land Use Review | Project site
Archive - For additional resources related to the Yonge Street Area Study, contact the Policy Planning and Special Programs section at 905-832-2281 ext. 8981.