Zoning services is responsible for the interpretation and administration of the City of Vaughan's Zoning By-laws.
Please note that Comprehensive Zoning By-law 001-2021 is currently under appeal to the Ontario Land Tribunal. As a result, Zoning By-law 1-88, as amended, remains in effect and applicable to all lands within the City of Vaughan. Building and Planning applications, which are not considered transitioned under Section 1.6 of Zoning By-law 001-2021, as amended, are subject to compliance with both Zoning By-laws (1-88 and 001-2021) while Zoning By-law 001-2021 is under appeal.
The division can provide written and verbal confirmation of zoning to the public, internal and external agencies, and compliance letters and consents to the transfer of land.
Zoning reviews are also conducted for:
- Building permit applications
- City of Vaughan Zoning By-law amendments
- Development applications
- Condominium plans
- Minor variance and consent applications
- Part-lot control
- Plans of subdivision
- Municipal and provincial licensing
Zoning should always be confirmed before making an application for a building permit or before the start of any construction which does not require a permit, or before leasing or purchasing a property. Even if a building permit is not required, all proposals must comply with the City’s Zoning By-law.
For information regarding planning processes please visit the Development Planning department page.
- Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Childcare and Early Years Act, 2014
- Greenbelt Act, 2005
- Liquor Licence Act, 1990
- Ministry of Transportation
- Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002
- Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001
- Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council
- Planning Act, 1990
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority