Term of Council Strategic Priorities
The Strategic Plan is divided into seven strategic priority areas.
The priority areas are divided into 21 objectives that articulate the strategic direction this Term of Council will focus on. The objectives enable the organization to cascade the strategic priorities into operational and individual performance goals that are clear, focused and measurable.
Transportation and Mobility
Goal Statement: Improve the reliability and safety of Vaughan’s road network and infrastructure.
- Improve Vaughan’s road/street network
- Advocate for improved public transit
- Improve active and emerging modes of transportation
Goal Statement: Build a world-class city based on good planning and urban design principles, which foster community well-being.
- Grow Vaughan as a complete community with a focus on quality of life
- Engage in long-term planning and policy development to meet the city’s housing needs
- Continue to invest in making Vaughan a “Smart City”
Goal Statement: Protect the environment and foster a sustainable future through our social and economic initiatives.
- Advance stewardship of green infrastructure
- Support community and corporate sustainability initiatives
- Invest in climate change mitigation and resilience
Active, Engaged and Inclusive Communities
Goal Statement: Ensure Vaughan is a vibrant, diverse, inclusive and equity-based community for all.
- Develop the City as a diverse, equity-based and inclusive community
- Ensure ongoing commitment to Indigenous relations and reconciliation
- Build Vaughan as an active, engaged, creative and culturally vibrant community
Community Safety and Well-being
Goal Statement: Foster a high quality of life in Vaughan through safe and healthy communities.
- Enhance community safety in collaboration with Regional/Provincial/Federal partners
- Continue to provide comprehensive fire protection and emergency services
- Continue to implement the By-law Strategy
Economic Prosperity and Job Creation
Goal Statement: Ignite economic prosperity and advance Vaughan as an entrepreneurial City.
- Empower the local business community to grow in Vaughan
- Promote Vaughan’s economy as transformative, ambitious and purpose-driven
- Undertake strategic initiatives to bolster the local economy and future investment
Service Excellence and Accountability
Goal Statement: Provide exceptional citizen-focused services through continuous improvement, innovation, transparent and accountable decision-making, responsible financial management, and effective administration and communication.
- Committed to citizen service excellence as an innovative, data-driven service organization
- Ensure financial sustainability and an effective and efficient administration
- Ensure Vaughan is an inclusive and equity-based employer of choice