Local and Regional Councillor- Mario Ferri
Local and Regional Councillor Mario Ferri sits on Vaughan Council and York Region Council as well as numerous boards, committees and task forces.
As a Local and Regional Councillor, he represents citizens at the municipal and regional levels. Locally, he makes decisions at Vaughan Council and considers City matters for all residents. As a Regional Councillor, he attends York Region Council and participates on boards, committees and task forces to set policies, directions and budgets at the regional level. The shaded grey numbers on the map represent Vaughan Concession Blocks (PDF).
- To strive for excellence and achieve the unexpected
- To inspire and empower people and communities
- To leave a legacy of opportunity, social justice and prosperity
- Elected as Local and Regional Councillor, Acting Mayor, Local Councillor – serving the City for more than 13 years
- Served as a school board trustee – four years
- Employed as executive director for a human service agency – 26 years
- Visiting professor at York University – five years
- MA, Environmental Studies, Human Service Management, York University, 1983
- BA, Sociology Major, York University, 1977
- Diploma, Recreation Leadership, Centennial College, 1970
Current Committees, Boards and Task Forces
City of Vaughan
- Member, Canada 150 Task Force
- Member, Finance, Administration and Audit Committee
- Member, Priorities and Key Initiatives Committee
- Chair, Pierre Berton Tribute Task Force
- Member, Vaughan Public Library Board
- Member, Vaughan Holdings Inc.
- Vice-chair, Environmental Services Committee
- Member, Human Services Planning Boardember, Human Services Planning Board
- Member, Transportation Master Plan Task Force
- Member, Board of Health
Other Committees, Boards and Task Forces
- Founder, MapleFest Committee (1985-present)
- Co-founder and Honorary Chair, AMICI Museum and Italian Interpretive Centre (2000-present)
- Member, Seniors Association of Vaughan Initiative (SAVI)
Do you have a question?
Taxes: To appeal, assess and re-evaluate property taxes, contact MPAC. For all other property tax questions, contact Access Vaughan at 905-832-2281.
Electricity bills: 1-877-963-6900 - This number can also be used to report an outage.
Sports fields closures and conditions: vaughan.ca/SportsField
Parks, splash pads, ravines, wasp nests, etc: Service Vaughan at 905-832-2281
Who provides services?
Councillor Ferri may be contacted with questions regarding services from both York Region and the City of Vaughan.
|York Region (upper tier) provides:||City of Vaughan (lower tier) provides:|
Vaughan Wards and York Region Boundaries
Vaughan’s boundaries are Highway 50 to the west, King-Vaughan Road to the north, Steeles Avenue to the south and Yonge Street to the east. York Region is made up of nine municipalities: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
Local and Regional Councillor Mario Ferri
905-832-2281, ext. 8999
Vaughan City Hall, Level 400
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
All external links will redirect you to websites not controlled by the City of Vaughan. The City is providing these links to you for your convenience only and should not be viewed as an endorsement by the City of the content, products, services or opinions offered there.