Background ImageImageRecreation Vaughan
Spring is in the air!
Welcome to Recreation Services!
We offer a variety of programs, camps, fitness memberships and free community events that promote health, wellness and active living for all ages. With 10 community centres that feature swimming pools, fitness centres, arenas, plus a community theatre, a studios & event space, and an award winning 9 hole golf course and ski hill, there is no shortage of options to stay active!
Aging Well in the City of Vaughan
FREE lunch & learn workshops
Preventing Elder Abuse Workshops
Delivered by York Regional Police
- Wednesday, March 22 from 12:30-2pm at Chancellor Community Centre (gymnasium)
• Frauds and scams: types of frauds affecting seniors, prevention tips and resources
• Crime prevention: vehicle safety, theft prevention and personal safety
• Elder abuse: recognizing signs of abuse and where to get help
Fire Prevention Workshops
Delivered by Vaughan Fire and Rescue Services
- Tuesday, March 21 from 12:30-2pm at Dufferin Clark Community Centre
(activity rooms 3 & 4)
- Tuesday, March 28 from 12:30-2pm at Father E. Bulfon Community Centre (gymnasium)
• Barbecue and cooking tips
• Electrical safety
• Fire tips for smokers
• Fuel-burning appliances, chimneys, chimineas and outdoor fires
• Laundry room
• Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
Light lunch and refreshments will be provided
Follow us! For information on new programs and special promotions, sign-up for our eNewsletter or follow us on Instagram and Facebook.