Get Involved with City Budgets
There are many opportunities to get involved with the City of Vaughan’s 2022 budget process!
These are ways you can get involved:
- Fill out the budget feedback form
- Join the conversation on social media using #VaughanBudget2023
- Leave a voicemail on the Budget Hotline at 905-832-8610
- Email questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have your say at a budget meeting by speaking to Council
The City’s annual budget process is open and transparent, with public consultation being a vital component. A key priority is to educate the public about the process – to ensure they are informed and have multiple opportunities to comment on the budget and how the City invests their tax dollars. This includes educating stakeholders on how property taxes and water and wastewater rates are allocated. The annual Budget Book (PDF) provides an overview of the budget and this process.
Public meetings were held to discuss the 2023 Budget on:
- Special Committee of the Whole (Public Meeting) on Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m.
- Special Committee of the Whole (Public Meeting) on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 7 p.m.
- Special Council Meeting to approve the budget on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.