Understanding the Strategic Plan
The 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan is guided by the City’s vision, mission and values.
A city of choice that promotes diversity, innovation and opportunity for all citizens, fostering a vibrant community life that is inclusive, progressive, environmentally responsible and sustainable.
Citizens first through Service Excellence.
Respect, Accountability and Dedication.
The Strategic Plan is divided into seven strategic priority areas:
- Transportation and Mobility
- City Building
- Environmental Sustainability
- Active, Engaged and Inclusive Communities
- Community Safety and Well-being
- Economic Prosperity and Job Creation
- Service Excellence and Accountability
All the priorities work in unison to drive the City of Vaughan into the future championing Service Excellence.
A number of factors shaped the plan:
- The City’s vision, mission and values
- The 2022 Citizen Survey results
- The 2022 Business Survey results
- The 2023 business plans from each portfolio, office and department
- The 2023 Budget and 2024-2026 Financial Plan
- The priorities identified by the Mayor and Members of Council
- Staff and community survey results
- Public engagement opportunities throughout 2022
Office of Transformation and Strategy