Water, Wastewater and Stormwater - Financial Services
The City of Vaughan is committed to providing safe drinking water and following an effective multi-year budget that balances the need to operate and maintain existing services and accommodate growth requirements.
The Water, Wastewater and Stormwater division of the Financial Services department is responsible for:
- preparing the annual operating budgets
- recommending water and wastewater user rates and the stormwater charge for residential and commercial consumers
- reporting quarterly on its operating results
- ensuring funding is available for new infrastructure requirements and regular ongoing maintenance and repairs of existing infrastructure
Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002
Vaughan has a plan to provide financial sustainability to the City’s water and wastewater systems, and ensure a sustainable, safe and reliable delivery of water and wastewater services. As required by Ontario Regulation 453/07, six-year financial plans are developed to ensure financial sustainability and as a condition for obtaining a municipal drinking water licence. In 2010, the City submitted its first six-year financial plan to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. The City renewed the plan in 2014. Both reports are available in the Additional Resources section at the right.
- Consolidated Six-Year Water Financial Plan (License Renewal)
(Years 2014 - 2019)
- Consolidated Six-Year Water Financial Plan
(Years 2010 - 2015)