Rent the Water Cooler
The City of Vaughan's Environmental Services' Water Cooler provides municipal drinking water to not-for-profit, public events within the City of Vaughan. This service is for drinking purposes only.
The Water Cooler will not attend events for the 2022 season. We are continually monitoring the current global situation and will evaluate our attendance to any event on a case by case basis. For any questions, please email email@example.com. For more information, please visit vaughan.ca/COVID19.
Water Cooler Features
- Eight spouts to fill a water bottle (four on each side of the trailer)
- Eight spouts to drink from without a water bottle (four on each side)
- Two lower spouts for accessibility (one on each side)
- Tank capacity is 1000 litres
- May 1 to Sept. 30 (weather permitting)
Booking the Water Cooler
- Requests must be received at least eight weeks in advance of the event. The Water Cooler is available from May 1 to September 30 each year.
- Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Water Cooler and staff. Each event will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please fill out and submit the online application (PDF).
Please note: To submit the application online, download the PDF to your computer first. Fill out all required fields on the application and then click the submit button. Some internet browsers may not allow the user to submit the application directly online and to avoid any issues please download the PDF.
Please review the Water Cooler Trailer Use Policy (PDF).
To be eligible for consideration, events must:
- take place in the city of Vaughan between May 1 and Sept. 30 (Please note: the City’s mobile water trailer is not available for events on statutory or civic holidays).
- have a minimum attendance of 300 people.
- be a minimum of four hours in length, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- be open to the public, non-restrictive and a not-for-profit event.
- submit applications a minimum of eight weeks in advance of the event to be considered.
- have a suitable access for the delivery, set up and pick up of the trailer. Please include a site layout of the proposed location for the Water Cooler with your application. A site visit will be conducted prior to final confirmation of the trailer’s attendance.
- be situated in a high-traffic location that has parking spot of level pavement or gravel.
- have a minimum nine square meter area (100 square feet) beside the Water Cooler for City staff to promote Environmental Services department messaging.
- refrain from selling bottled water distributed by event organizers, attendees or vendors.
- be actively promoted by the event organizers (The City of Vaughan’s Water Cooler) to event attendees through all promotional material, including but not limited to website, print material, social media outlets and invitations.
Water provided through the Water Cooler will only be for drinking purposes. Absolutely no hand washing is permitted. Vendors and food providers will be responsible for providing their own water.
The City of Vaughan has a mandate to provide services to emergencies and City run events before any public events. The Environmental Services department reserves the right to cancel this service at any time without compensation to the event organization that has received confirmation of a Water Trailer presence, due to health and safety concerns, mechanical problems, or any other unforeseen issues. If such a situation occurs, the City will notify the event organizer.
Note: a minimum of one-week notice is required for cancellation of the City’s water trailer by the event organizer.