A licence is required to sell consumer fireworks to the public. The City's Licensing By-law 122-2022 (PDF) allows and licenses the retail sale of consumer fireworks for seven days immediately preceding Victoria Day and Canada Day.
2. In person or by mail to:
By-Law and Compliance, Licensing and Permit Services
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
3. Drop boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall.
- If submitting your application by mail or in the drop box, include payment in the form of a cheque made payable to the City of Vaughan.
- If submitting your application via email, ensure the application or accompanying message indicates a contact name and phone number for our staff to collect payment.
In order to sell fireworks in Vaughan, a business must:
1. Complete a Zoning Search Form
Required for new locations only for each location where there is intention to sell fireworks. A Zoning Search Form must be submitted to Building Standards along with the non-refundable fee. This will ensure the location chosen can permit the sale of fireworks.
2. Complete a Fireworks Safety Awareness Workshop
Classes for 2023 have finished. For information, contact Karen Fletcher at 905-832-2281, ext. 6325 or email@example.com, or Vaughan Fire and Rescue Service Captain Nick Sakellariou at 905-832-2281, ext. 6347.
3. Complete a Sale of Fireworks Application
Upon receipt of the compliant zoning clearance and completion certification for the Fireworks Safety Awareness Workshop, you must complete the Sale of Consumer Fireworks Vendor Application (PDF) and submit it with your non-refundable licence fee for each location to By-law and Compliance, Licensing and Permit Services. Fireworks vendors must make their application no later than 21 days prior to the event or sale location opening to be considered eligible for the issuance of a fireworks licence.
4. Complete a fire inspection
Your licence will be issued to you upon satisfactory completion of a Vaughan Fire and Rescue Service fire inspection.
|$208 (for new locations only)|
Fireworks Safety Awareness Workshop
$186 per person