Zoning Searches and Forms
Property owners may request zoning information for any property within the City of Vaughan via the:
City of Vaughan Online Services Portal.
You can view the Registration Manual here.
Please allow a minimum of five business days to process the following requests:
- Zoning Search and Written Response
- Zoning Search for Municipal Licence Clearance (includes Retail Sale of Fireworks)
- Zoning Search for Day Nursery Licence Clearance
- Zoning Search for Motor Vehicle Dealership Licence Clearance
- Liquor Licence Clearance (AGCO) *
* When applying for a Municipal Licence, and an AGCO clearance is required, please apply for a Liquor Licence only.
Zoning Search and Written Response will provide the following information:
- The zoning category of the property
- An exception number (if applicable)
- Uses permitted with the zoning category
- If a specific proposed use is permitted
Zoning searches for Municipal Licence Clearance
Provides written confirmation of zoning compliance and building permit status of the property being searched. A Zoning Search for Municipal Licence Clearance must be applied through the City of Vaughan Online Services Portal, before submitting an application for a municipal business licence from the By-law and Compliance, Licencing and Permit Services department. It must be submitted to and approved by the Building Standards department.
Zoning Search for Licencing purposes
The Zoning Search for Provincial Licence Clearance provides written confirmation of zoning compliance and building permit status of the property being searched. This can be applied through the City of Vaughan Online Services Portal and must be submitted to and approved by the Building Standards department prior to submitting an application for the following provincial licences:
- Day Nursery Licence
- Motor Vehicle Dealership Licence
- Liquor Licence Clearance
- Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Childcare and Early Years Act, 2014
- Greenbelt Act, 2005
- Liquor Licence Act, 1990
- Ministry of Transportation
- Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002
- Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001
- Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council
- Planning Act, 1990
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority