Celebrate Small Business Week from Oct. 15 to 21!
Did you know that small businesses in Vaughan account for more than 87 per cent of all businesses in the city? That’s why the Vaughan Business and Entrepreneurship Centre (VBEC) is celebrating their contributions during Small Business Week from Sunday, Oct. 15 until Saturday, Oct. 21!
You’re invited to connect and network with like-minded business owners and entrepreneurs through the many programs and events being offered throughout the week.
Starting with an in-person Small Business Week Kickoff Event on Monday, Oct. 16 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at The Hub Vaughan (290 Caldari Rd.) hosted by the VBEC in partnership with the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce (VCC). Attendees will enjoy a morning of networking and light refreshments. Programming will begin at 8:45 a.m. and include remarks from Mayor Steven Del Duca, an address from the VCC and a keynote presentation on The Future of DEI in Small Business by Certified Cultural Intelligence Consultant Carlos Cadogan.
The week will continue with a variety of in-person and virtual events and workshops exploring concepts of diversity and inclusion. Programming emphasizes cultural diversity and representation and caters to small businesses across various industries and sectors. Highlights include:
- Being a Diverse Founder in the Food and Beverage Industry – Virtually on Wednesday, Oct. 18 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Inclusive Hiring Practices for your Business – Virtually on Thursday, Oct. 19 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Seniorpreneurship– In-person on Thursday, Oct. 19 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Civic Centre Resource Library (2191 Major Mackenzie Dr.)
- Accessible Business: Scope, Skills and Strategy – Virtually on Friday, Oct. 20 from 11 a.m. to noon
Small Business Week is a nationally recognized celebration of the contributions small businesses make to our economy. This year’s theme will focus on helping businesses become more inclusive while driving the Canadian economy. For more information and to register for Small Business Week events, visit vaughanbusiness.ca/SBW.
Looking for additional business support? The VBEC offers a robust list of services to entrepreneurs, including:
- free business advisory consultations (virtual or in-person).
- business planning support, including marketing strategies, financial forecast and cash flow, and general business development.
- information on the development process, regulations, zoning, licensing, permits, business registration and legal structure.
- end-to-end site selection support.
- connections to funding sources, financing and grants.
- connections to business professionals, organizations and resources from various levels of government.
- research and business intelligence support.
- business development and marketing support for tourism organizations.
- business workshops, seminars, events and networking opportunities.
To learn more about starting or growing your business, visit vaughanbusiness.ca.
To stay informed on the City’s latest tourism, business resources and initiatives, sign up for the Economic Development department’s eNewsletters at vaughanbusiness.ca/enewsletters and follow the official channels on LinkedIn and Instagram.