Spring is in the air
You can still register for the City’s spring recreation programs at vaughan.perfectmind.com
Looking to try something new this spring? You still have time to register for the City of Vaughan’s spring recreation programs at vaughan.perfectmind.com! There is something fun and exciting for all ages and abilities. Classes start on Saturday, March 25. The full list of programs is available in the Spring Recreation eGuide. Highlights include:
- Family (parent and child): badminton, yoga, rollerblading, crafting, music, mindfulness, plus ‘baby and me’ fitness classes for new parents
- Preschool: drawing, kinderdance, sports, STEM and Vaughan Playschool kindergarten readiness series (math, reading, writing, science)
- Children: archery, ukulele, basketball, STEM, spelling bees, 3D printing, robotics, astronomy, painting pottery, perspective drawing, home alone workshops
- Youth: computer programming, sports conditioning, water colour painting, taekwondo, basketball, guitar, cooking, and a volunteer leadership program that can lead to recreation volunteer positions at community centres
- Adult: archery, badminton, guitar, a new Vaughan Sports slo-pitch and ball hockey leagues, and group fitness classes (including Pilates, functional training, barre, yoga, core and toning)
- Older adult: line dancing, ukulele, muscle conditioning, yoga, tai chi and low-impact group fitness classes
- Inclusion programs for individuals with disabilities: social and life skills, dance, gymnastics, sports, cooking, private music and education lessons
Visit vaughan.ca/recreation for more information.
Ready to get back in the water? Register now for the City’s spring aquatic leadership programs and swim lessons.
AQUATIC LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS
Swim instructors and lifeguards are prestigious part-time jobs, and the City is always hiring. Receive training and certification in aquatic leadership courses, delivered by Vaughan’s aquatic leadership staff. Programs start on Saturday, March 25. For more information, visit vaughan.ca/swim.
Dive into spring! Learn-to-swim lessons will be offered at community centre pools, beginning Saturday, March 25. Programming is available for people of all ages – starting with parents and tots aged 4 months and up, to levels specifically designed for adult non-swimmers. Special interest programs are also available, including diving and the competitive Vaughan Lifesaving Club.
For more information, visit vaughan.ca/swim.
Not sure which level to register for? Parents/guardians who are unsure what level to register their child for can get a free assessment from a City lifeguard during any recreational swim. Regular admission policies apply. For schedules and fees, visit vaughan.ca/swim.
If you require assistance creating an online registration account, call Service Vaughan at 905-832-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on registered programs, refer to the Online Account and Registration Frequently Asked Questions, subscribe to Vaughan News and follow the official corporate channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.