The City of Vaughan is committed to delivering safe and exciting events which celebrate our community. We work closely with community partners and sponsors who share our enthusiasm for celebrating the spirit of community connection. As Vaughan continues to grow and develop the City is preparing a new Events Strategy. This strategy will identify opportunities to grow and improve the range and depth of event offerings in Vaughan, leading to a more connected, inclusive, progressive, responsible, and sustainable city Vaughan's.
Festivals and events are important sources of civic pride and provide residents with an opportunity to share and celebrate the social and cultural connections that unite us. Festivals and events are also an important part of our economy, providing jobs and income to the hospitality and arts and cultural sector.
Events Strategy needs your input-share your ideas!
Click here to participate in the online survey.
In order to offer the community various events, the City of Vaughan needs to connect with key stakeholders - including event organizers, event suppliers, and most importantly, the general public - and the audiences that attend City and community events. In other words, the Event Strategy is being developed with you in mind.
As part of our commitment to customer service excellence, the City of Vaughan is evaluating the ways and means it could improve the delivery of events in Vaughan.
In line with the City's Engagement Strategy there will be multiple engagement channels available to ensure fair and equitable access to engagement opportunities:
- Take part in an online survey to provide your feedback directly to the project team. Join the conversation and have your say on events in Vaughan (May-July 15)
- Read more information on hosting an event in Vaughan.
- Sign up to receive notifications about the project and to learn about upcoming initiatives by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 905-832-2281.
- Public Online survey
- Interviews with Event Hosts/Community Partners
As part of the City of Vaughan's commitment to customer service excellence, the City is evaluating the ways it could improve the delivery of City events and support for community events in Vaughan.
As the City's approach to events is aligned with the City's Engagement Strategy there will be multiple engagement channels available to ensure fair and equitable access to engagement opportunities
Current State Analysis: March to April 2022
- Review of background documents and data
- Identification of comparable municipalities and best practices
Community Engagement: April to September 2022
- Stakeholder surveys
- Stakeholder focus groups/workshops
- Event Planner and Partner Interviews
- Event Planner and Partner Workshop Online survey
Draft Vaughan Events Strategy: October 2022
- Share draft strategy with key stakeholders
- Present draft events strategy to Vaughan Senior Leadership Team
Project Finalization: Q1 2023
- Deliver and Present Final Event Strategy and Implementation Plan to Council
Office of the Deputy City Manager - Community Services
Recreation Manager, Events, Theatre & Studio Operations
Phone: 905-832-2281, ext. 8036
Vaughan City Hall, Level 300
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1