City of Vaughan Official Plan Review
Vaughan is growing and evolving – what kind of city do you want Vaughan to be in 30 years?
The current Vaughan Official Plan 2010 contains a vision for the future that stresses responsible governance, sustainable planning, economic leadership, transparency, accountability and inclusivity. This vision has guided Vaughan’s growth and development over the past decade.
The City of Vaughan has been working towards updating the City’s Official Plan through the Official Plan Review process to better meet the needs of current and future residents, businesses and those who visit Vaughan. The review process is rooted in environmental sustainability, social responsibility and economic development to plan for complete communities and guide the city’s growth for the next 30 years and beyond.
Join a community session - NEW EVENING TIMES ADDED!
Community sessions are taking place throughout May and June in Vaughan community centres. Attend one nearest you to talk to the planners updating the draft Official Plan. You’ll learn more about the process, including what steps have been taken to date and what the team is working towards, and speak to us about what you love most about living, working or playing in Vaughan.
Here’s the schedule of upcoming events:
- Ward 1: Pierre Berton Heritage Centre (10418 Islington Ave.) on Monday, June 26 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ward 2: Al Palladini Community Centre (9201 Islington Ave.) on Monday, June 5 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Activity Room #1
- Ward 3: Vellore Village Community Centre (1 Villa Royale Ave.) on Thursday, June 22 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Activity Room #2
- Ward 4: North Thornhill Community Centre (300 Pleasant Ridge Ave.) on Monday, June 12 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Activity Room A
- Ward 5: Dufferin Clark Community Centre (1441 Clark Ave. W.) on Tuesday, June 13 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Activity Room #1
Can't attend in-person? Tell us here!
Get inspired; Get involved!
To learn more and get involved, visit forwardvaughan.ca.
Fausto Filipetto, Project Manager
Phone: 905-832-2281, ext. 8699
Vaughan City Hall, Level 200
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1