Why Work Here
Are you ready to amplify your career by joining a fast-paced municipality that is continuously growing and improving?
A rewarding position with the City of Vaughan means making a difference for the nearly 341,000 people who call Vaughan home. Its emerging downtown, the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre; Canada’s first smart hospital, the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital; and the 900-acre North Maple Regional Park continue to generate momentum and excitement.
The City of Vaughan of today is a diverse, motivational work environment where you can build your profession and feel like you are part of a team – and the City will walk the journey with you every step of the way. Hiring and retaining a highly skilled workforce interested in achieving personal and professional goals is our top priority.
In addition, the City is committed to providing its employees with competitive salaries and a comprehensive, family-focused benefits package with an importance on work-life balance.
Be a part of something amazing and build your career with the Vaughan Public Service.
Here are some of the top reasons people love working at the City of Vaughan:
- Contributing to a fast-growing and diverse community with a wide variety of amenities
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefit package and pension contributions
- Top-up for pregnancy/parental leave
- An employee assistance program for staff
- Alternative Work Arrangements program
- Clear Term of Council Strategic Plan and priorities
- Exciting learning opportunities and reimbursements for furthering education
- On-site fitness facilities with discounted memberships for employees
- Convenient location, close to public transit, GO stations and highways 400, 407 and 427
- Employee recognition program
- Holiday closure
- Free parking at City facilities
- Interactive new employee onboarding program
- On-site cafeteria at Vaughan City Hall
- On-site vehicle charging stations