High-rise Residential Buildings
Various high-rise residential buildings within the city of Vaughan are often subject to site plan control under the Planning Act.
A site plan letter of undertaking or a site plan agreement must be approved and in place prior to submitting a building permit application.
Building permit applications are accepted through the Online Permitting Portal.
All drawings submitted for building permit applications are required to be prepared and reviewed by a qualified designer, architect or professional engineer or as outlined in the Ontario Building Code.
All drawings prepared by an architect or professional engineer must be sealed, signed and dated. A general review, where required by the Ontario Building Code, is to be conducted during construction by an architect or professional engineer.
The Ontario Building Code requires qualified and registered designers, other than architects or professional engineers, who review and take responsibility for design activities to include the following information on all documents submitted:
- The name and Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) of the registered firm
- A statement that the qualified person has reviewed and taken responsibility for the design activities
- The name and BCIN of the qualified person
- The signature of the qualified person
A PDF copy of the construction drawing must be provided.
All drawings are to be designed to a minimum scale of 1:75 or 3/16ths equals one foot. Drawings are to be fully dimensioned, sealed, signed and dated, and include information such as:
- Site plan (approved under the City’s site plan control process)
- Key plan
- Architectural drawings (elevations must be as approved under the City’s site plan control process)
- Structural drawings
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) drawings and calculations
- Plumbing drawings and calculations
- Electrical drawings
- Sprinkler system drawings complete with hydraulic calculations and water demand curve (if applicable)
- Fire alarm system drawings (if applicable)
- Specifications (if applicable)
- Onsite sewage system design (if applicable)
- Site servicing drawings (if applicable)
- Commonly Used Applicable Laws & Building Permits (PDF)
- Building Permit Applicant Authorization Form (PDF)
- Schedule 1 Designer Information Form (PDF)
- Energy Efficiency Design Summary Form (PDF)
- Non-housing Plumbing Data Form (PDF)
- Any other documents pertaining to the project