Supporting Vaughan’s next generation of entrepreneurs
Congratulations to the successful participants of the City of Vaughan’s 2023 Summer Company program, who were recognized by Mayor Steven Del Duca and Members of Council at this week’s Committee of the Whole (2) meeting!
Since 2002, the City’s Summer Company program has helped hundreds of student entrepreneurs turn their business ideas into reality – and 2023 is no different. This year, the program was completed by the following 11 young entrepreneurs who launched businesses ranging from automotive detailing and clothing design to landscaping and photography ventures:
- Wasib Dheendsa, owner of Ecoclean Power Wash
- Reshmi Dookhie, owner of One Drive Cinema
- Francesco Figliano, owner of Ravineview Research
- Aliaksandr Kurets, owner of Automotive Detailing On The Go
- Edan Kwon, owner of Taegeuk Language Academy
- Victoria Leoni, owner of STEM Institute
- Luis Lozano, owner of LA Painting Co.
- Michelle Lu, owner of Made by Mellez
- Saad Malik, owner of SM Wood Carvings
- Maxim Shecthman, owner of Max’s Window Cleaning
- Simona Verre, owner of Simi’s Lifesaving Squad
Delivered by the Vaughan Business and Entrepreneurship Centre, in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, the program equips young entrepreneurs with a pipeline of tools, skills, connections and resources required to succeed in their business ventures.
To learn more about the City’s Summer Company program, visit vaughanbusiness.ca/Summer-Company.
“Small businesses remain the backbone of our economy, representing more than 87 per cent of all Vaughan employers. Vaughan was built on a foundation of innovators, dreamers and doers who started with an idea, committed themselves to their business and watched it flourish; that entrepreneurial spirit defines our thriving business community and continues to attract investment in Vaughan. We are pleased to continue supporting young entrepreneurs through the Summer Company program. These emerging leaders are the moguls of tomorrow, and it’s clear our city’s future is in good hands.”
- Mayor Steven Del Duca
“I would like to congratulate the 11 student entrepreneurs who participated in this year’s Summer Company program. Your perseverance and creativity are an inspiration to us all. I would also like to thank our staff in Economic Development for administering this excellent program year after year. Through their support, mentorship and valuable advice, these students, and many before them, have received the tools to create their own businesses and help them thrive. The Summer Company program is a proof point of the City’s continuous dedication and work to support businesses and entrepreneurs.”
- Nick Spensieri, City Manager
“The Vaughan Business and Entrepreneurship Centre (VBEC) is pleased to continue offering the Summer Company program and supporting Vaughan’s next generation of entrepreneurs. To date, the program has supported hundreds of students as they started or expanded their businesses with the help of our talented VBEC team. Congratulations to all 2023 Summer Company program participants on your business achievements to date. We can’t wait to see where your entrepreneurial journey takes you next, and VBEC will continue to be here to help you achieve your small business goals for years to come.”
- Raphael Costa, Director, Economic Development
- The City of Vaughan’s 2023 Summer Company Program has concluded for the year.
- The City’s Vaughan Business and Entrepreneurship Centre supported 11 youth entrepreneurs through the program.
- Program participants launched businesses ranging from automotive detailing and clothing design to landscaping and film-based ventures.
- City of Vaughan's website
- City of Vaughan's Economic Development department’s website
- City of Vaughan’s 2023 Summer Company Directory (PDF)
To stay informed on the City’s latest tourism, business resources and initiatives, sign up for the Economic Development department’s eNewsletters at vaughanbusiness.ca/enewsletters and follow the official channels on LinkedIn and Instagram.