Delivering Service Excellence
Vaughan Council approves the 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan
At today’s Council meeting, Vaughan Council approved the 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan. The new Strategic Plan reinforces the City’s mission, vision and values, representing the core of how the administration will go above and beyond to deliver on Council’s priorities through Service Excellence.
Building on the success of the past four years, the Strategic Plan identifies the priorities, goals and key activities the City will focus on to continue being a city of choice for both residents and businesses. It is comprised of the following seven priority areas:
- Transportation and Mobility
- City Building
- Environmental Sustainability
- Active, Engaged and Inclusive Communities
- Community Safety and Well-being
- Economic Prosperity and Job Creation
- Service Excellence and Accountability
The priority areas are further divided into 21 objectives that articulate the direction this Term of Council will focus on. The objectives enable the organization to cascade the strategic priorities into operational and individual performance goals that are clear, focused and measurable.
The 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan is aligned with the City’s 2023 Budget and 2024-2026 Financial Plan, and will position the City to deliver on Council-approved priorities while continuing to keep tax rates among the lowest in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Strategic Plan was shaped by a number of factors, including:
- The City’s vision, mission and values
- The 2022 Citizen Survey results
- The 2022 Business Survey results
- The 2023 business plans from each portfolio, office and department
- The 2023 Budget and 2024-2026 Financial Plan
- The priorities identified by the Mayor and Members of Council
- Staff and community survey results
- Public engagement opportunities throughout 2022
To learn more, visit vaughan.ca/ServiceExcellence.
“The City of Vaughan’s 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan reflects our shared commitment to putting residents first. As a document, it is hopeful, collaborative and forward-looking; but it is much more than that. It’s a guide to ensuring the City’s momentum continues, our residents and businesses thrive, and the City remains transparent and accountable to the people it serves. We remain focused on advancing initiatives that foster community well-being and improve our overall quality of life. We have also ensured that community safety, a critical issue of concern for local families, is identified as an area of focus for this Term of Council. Our Strategic Plan will serve as Vaughan’s roadmap to lead us into the future.”
Mayor Steven Del Duca
“The City of Vaughan is committed to living by our mission, vision and values to provide efficient service delivery and maintain a high quality of life in this city. Our greatest resource is our staff – people who work around the clock to deliver Service Excellence to residents, businesses and one another. The 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan defines how we are moving forward with Council-approved initiatives, fostering communication between colleagues and enhancing front-line customer service. I would like to thank every member of the Vaughan team who contributed to the achievements made to date. The Strategic Plan will guide our shared success throughout this Term of Council.”
Nick Spensieri, City Manager
- The City of Vaughan’s mission, vision and values are entrenched in the 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan:
- Vision: A city of choice that promotes diversity, innovation and opportunity for all citizens, fostering a vibrant community life that is inclusive, progressive, environmentally responsible and sustainable.
- Mission: Citizens first through Service Excellence.
- Values: Respect, Accountability and Dedication
- The Strategic Plan will continue to be integrated within the budget process, business plans and staff goals.
- 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan webpage
- 2023 Budget Book (PDF)