Second Hand Goods or Pawn Shop Permit

About the licence

This licence is required to sell consumer fireworks to the public. The City's Licensing By-law 315-2005 (PDF) allows and licenses the retail sale of consumer fireworks for seven days immediately preceding Victoria Day and Canada Day.


Options to apply 

1. On the Licensing Portal, where you can now apply for and renew stationary business licences and permits. In the future, you will be able use the portal to apply for various individual and mobile licences also.

Get or renew a business license or Permit


2. In person or by mail to:
By-Law and Compliance, Licensing & Permit Services
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100 
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.

Vaughan, ON  L6A 1T1


3. Via the drop-boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall. 


4. By e-mail to:, along with scanned copies of required documentation.

Please ensure the application or e-mail indicates a contact phone number

for staff to collect payment.



This licence requires a photo of the applicant to be submitted, as described here.  If you are applying in person, by mail, drop-box or email, complete the following form for submission:


Second-hand Goods/Pawn Shop Application (PDF)


Otherwise, you can apply online on the Licensing Portal, linked above.

Notes About Zoning:

  • To apply for a new licence, a Zoning Clearance, issued within the last 365 days, is required to be submitted with the application form above.
  • You can apply for a Zoning Clearance online here.





Initial fee

$ 435

$ 465

Renewal fee

$ 193

$ 195