The following types of driving school occupations require a licence to operate in the City of Vaughan:
- Driving school instructor with vehicle: Required to teach others to drive any vehicle. This application also requires a certificate of insurance.
- Driving school instructor without vehicle: Required to teach others to drive any vehicle.
Options to apply
1. On the Licensing Portal:
2. In person or by mail to:
By-Law and Compliance, Licensing & Permit Services
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
3. Via the drop-boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall. Via the drop-boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall.
4. By e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, along with scanned copies of required documentation.
Please ensure the application or e-mail indicates a contact phone number for staff to collect payment.
If submitting your application by mail or via the drop-box, please enclose payment in the form of a cheque made payable to the City of Vaughan. If submitting your application via e-mail, please ensure the application or accompanying message indicate a contact name and phone number for our staff to collect payment.
This licence requires a photo of the applicant to be submitted, as described here. You can apply on the Licensing Portal, or in-person, by mail, drop-box or email using the application form below.
Notes About Zoning:
- To apply for a new licence, a Zoning Clearance, issued within the last 365 days, is required to be submitted with the application form above.
- You can apply for a Zoning Clearance online here.
Driving school operator
|Initial fee||$ 243||$ 260|
|Renewal fee||$ 212||$ 215|
Driving school instructor
|Initial fee||$ 142||$ 152|
|Renewal fee||$ 142||$ 152|