Get Involved in Ward Boundary Review
The City values the voice of the public and is dedicated to having constructive dialogue with the community that is open, transparent, accessible and inclusive.
Vaughan is committed to involving citizens, businesses and stakeholders in conversations about municipal decisions that interest and/or impact them, including this Ward Boundary Review.
Four virtual public open houses to learn more, review alternative ward structures, view maps, provide input and ask questions were held on the dates below. Thank you to all those who participated:
- March 6 at 1:30 p.m.
- March 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- March 9 at 7 p.m.
- March 11 at 7 p.m.
Citizen input to the Ward Boundary Review will be examined in detail by the consulting team to learn what is important to residents of Vaughan. The public’s feedback will be compared to the ideas about what exists in the population trends and in the legal constraints. A summary report will be sent to Council in May 2021 and Council will review and make a decision about whether or not to adjust the ward boundaries.
If you did not have the opportunity to attend a virtual public open house, you can review a summary of the alternative ward structures presentation (PDF). You can also take a closer look at where your home falls in each of the three proposed alternate ward boundary configurations by using our virtual interactive mapping tool.
To receive up-to-date and relevant information in a timely manner, you may submit your email and register for updates on this project.
Ward Boundary Review public input timeline
- December 2020 to January 2021: stakeholder interviews, virtual open houses, launch project website and first survey – more than 900 people participated in the survey, 585 people submitted written responses for the virtual public open houses.
- Phase one survey results (PDF) are now available.
- January to February 2021: development of alternatives
- March 2021: second round of consultations, online open houses and second survey for ward boundary alternatives (current phase)
- April 2021: development of recommendations
- May 2021: report to Council
- June 2021: Council decision