Infrastructure Planning and Engineering (IPE) plans and prepares Vaughan for Population Growth by:
- Undertaking Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, and Stormwater Management Environmental Assessment studies to identify population growth municipal infrastructure needs.
- Maximizing the use of existing water system infrastructure capacity through optimization studies.
- Identifying when water system infrastructure upgrades are required, and developing a corresponding 10 year capital plan.
- Management and coordination of engineering component of the City’s Development Charges Background Studies, related policies, and By-laws.
- Maintaining water, wastewater, and stormwater system infrastructure capacity models.
- Advising internal departments on the review of development applications.
- Advising on City policies and design criteria.
- Coordinating with Regional and Provincial infrastructure planning partners.