The City of Vaughan may issue licences for:
- bingo events with prize boards $5,500 and under
- Catch the Ace games
- media bingo events
- ticket raffle lotteries for total prizes $50,000 and under
- break-open ticket lotteries not issued by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG)
Options to apply
1. On the Licensing Portal:
2. In person or by mail to:
By-Law and Compliance, Licensing & Permit Services
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
3. Via the drop-boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall. Via the drop-boxes located at the entrances of Vaughan City Hall.
4. By e-mail to:
email@example.com, along with scanned copies of required documentation.
Please ensure the application or e-mail indicates a contact phone number
for staff to collect payment.
If submitting your application by mail or via the drop-box, please enclose payment in the form of a cheque made payable to the City of Vaughan. If submitting your application via e-mail, please ensure the application or accompanying message indicate a contact name and phone number for our staff to collect payment.
Who can get a lottery licence?
Organizations that wish to get a lottery licence in Vaughan must have a demonstrated charitable, religious or educational mandate to qualify for a lottery licence.
In Canada, a "charitable" program is defined as meeting one or all of the following criteria:
the relief of poverty
the advancement of education
the advancement of religion
other charitable purposes beneficial to the community
Requirements for applying for a lottery licence
Organizations must meet the following requirements. They must:
- Have been in existence for at least one year before being considered eligible for lottery licences
- Have a place of business in Ontario, demonstrate that it is established to provide charitable services in Ontario and use proceeds for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents.
Lottery licence (PDF)
More information about lottery licences can be found on the AGCO website.
The fee is three per cent of the total prize.