The Regional Municipality of York Cycling Map (fifth edition) is a resource to plan cycling route sto work, school, shopping or to explore the Region. The York Region Cycling Map shows Protected Bike Lanes (CYcle Tracks or Separated Cycling Facilities), Off-Road Multi-use Trails (Multi-use Recreational Trails), Shared Pathways in Boulevard (In-boulevard Multi-use Pathways), Bike Lanes, paved Shoulders and Shared Roadways (bike-friendly streets in York Region). The Cycling Map is available electronically and printed.
Electronic cycling maps are available here for viewing and printing:
- 2021-2022 York Region Cycling Map - South Side (Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Whitchurch-Souffville, East Gwillimbury, Aurora, Newmarket, King)
For more information visit:
- York Region Multi-use Recreational Trail and Cycling Map
- York Region Trail Guide
- Great Walks of Vaughan
The cycling network in Vaughan is growing and consists of the following types of cycle facilities.
- In-boulevard Cycle Track or Separated Cycling Facility - designated space for cyclists, physically separated from pedestrians and motorists
- On-road Bike Lane (Buffered or Conventional) - designated space for cyclists, physically separated from pedestrians but no physical separation from motorists (pavement markings only)
- In-boulevard Multi-use Pathways - shared space for pedestrians and cyclists, physically separated from motorists
- Multi-use Recreational Trails - shared space for pedestrians and cyclists, within parks and open spaces