Get Involved with the Age-friendly Community Action Plan
Guided by the experiences, ideas and insight shared by the community, the City has drafted the Vaughan Age-Friendly Community Action Plan. The Plan has been shared with members of Vaughan Council at the Committee of the Whole (Working Session) on Wednesday, April 6.
Following the Committee of the Whole (Working Session), the plan will be presented to Council for approval at 1p.m. on Tuesday, April 26.
On behalf of the City’s Age-Friendly Project Team, we would like to sincerely thank you for participating in the development of the Vaughan Age-Friendly Community Action Plan. The voice of Vaughan’s citizens and older adult community has been vital to shaping the plan and we are very grateful for your time and dedication to making Vaughan a more age-friendly community.
Sign-up to receive notifications about the project and to learn about upcoming initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, contact us, at 905-832-2281 ext. 3622.
Community Engagement – April to October 2021
- Online survey – April 6 to 26 | Complete
- Community Workshop number one (virtual) – April 20, 7 p.m. | Complete
- Focus: Age-friendly visioning
- Stakeholder interviews – April 12 to 26 | Complete
- Stakeholder focus groups - May 3 to May 7 | Complete
- Online questionnaire (short version survey) - May 3 to June 30 | Complete
- Workbook – May 10 to May 31 | Complete
- Community Workshop number two (virtual) – June 22, 7 p.m. | Complete
- Focus: A look at the current state of age-friendliness
- Community pop-up events – Summer 2021
- Community Workshop number three (virtual) – October 4, 7 p.m. | Complete
- Focus: Draft Age-friendly Community Action Plan