Committee of Adjustment
The Committee of Adjustment has been appointed by Council to adjudicate applications for Minor Variance and Consent under the Planning Act.
The Ontario Planning Act establishes the authority of the Committee of Adjustment to make decisions on the following:
- Consent to create an easement of right-of-way
- Consent to register a mortgage over part of a property
- Consent to register a lease over part of a lot for more than 21 years
- Consent to split land into more than one lot
- Consent to a technical conveyance (transferring property from one owner to another where the land was originally separated and has become joined)
- Minor variances from the Zoning By-law
In addition to applicable legislation, the Committee is also governed by the Committee of Adjustment Procedural By-law, as amended by By-law 255-2022
Appointed Committee Members (2022-2026)
- Assunta (Sue) Perrella (Chair)
- Brandon Bell
- Jordan Kalpin
- Mark Milunsky
- Stephen Kerwin (Vice Chair)
Submit an Application
Helpful Tips to Accelerate Processing
Online Permitting Portal - User Manual (Step by Step Guide to Submitting an Application)
Meeting Information & Fees
2023 Meeting Schedule & Fees (Please note that meeting schedule is subject to change)
Upcoming Committee of Adjustment Agendas & Reports
Do you want to speak to the Committee?
If you wish to speak to the Committee on an application please email the Request to Speak Form to email@example.com by noon on the day prior to the scheduled hearing.
Do you want to watch the Committee Hearing?
Click here to view the live meeting. Link will be activated at 6 p.m. on the day of the hearing.
Tips for Speaking at a Committee Meeting
- Ensure you have all relevant documents and information about the matter you are speaking about.
- Introduce yourself before you start your deputation – provide your name and address.
- Highlight your key points related to the agenda item.
- Remember the time limit – you will have five minutes to speak.
- Larger groups or organizations should consider appointing a single representative to speak on behalf of everyone.
All personal information collected because of this public meeting (including both written and oral submissions) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Planning Act and all other relevant legislation, and will be used to assist in deciding on this matter. All personal information (as defined by MFIPPA), including (but not limited to) names, addresses, opinions and comments collected will become property of the City of Vaughan, will be made available for public disclosure (including being posted on the internet) and will be used to assist the Committee of Adjustment and staff to process this application.
Important Changes to Third Party Appeal Rights
The Provincial Government has amended the Planning Act and generally removed rights of third parties to appeal Committee of Adjustment decisions. As of November 28, 2022, only the applicant, the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, specified persons and public bodies (as defined in the Planning Act), are permitted to appeal decisions of the Committee of Adjustment.
How to Search
Looking for a particular file? Try the Search Box below.
- Example search by file number: "A001-16"
If you require assistance please complete the Information Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org