Electronic and Electrical Recycling Depot Locations
- Computers including modems, attachments, cables and software (e.g. disks, CDs, DVDs)
- Monitors, printers, scanners
- Telephones, pagers, fax machines, photocopiers, cellphones, PDAs, answering machines
- Video cassette recorders, DVD players, radios, stereos, electronic games(e.g. Xbox, Playstation consoles, etc.), cameras, turntables, video projectors
- Automobile 'computer' modules
- Amplifiers, receivers, tuners, audio speakers from stereos and automobiles
- Electronic thermostats without mercury
- Televisions (Televisions that are physically broken (e.g. cracked screens, frames removed) are accepted but must be handled carefully and residents should notify the depot attendant prior to removing the unit from their vehicle. Disassembling, taking apart or breaking televisions is strongly discouraged as they contain hazardous materials.)
- A maximum limit of 4 units of computer equipment, which can be comprised of any combination of hard drives and monitors, is permitted. Other computer peripherals such as keyboards, mice, or software can be included with the equipment and will not be counted in the 4 unit limit.
- In addition, residents can bring up to 6 other units of electronic equipment to the depots in the same delivery, such as VCRs, DVD players, and printers. Quantities in excess of these limits will not be accepted.
- A maximum limit of 2 televisions.
*This policy is intended to ensure that only residentially generated quantities of electronic equipment are brought to the depots.
- Electric typewriters
- Small appliances (such as microwaves)
- Electronic thermostats with mercury
Restrictions and Regulations
Available to York Region residents only. Proof of residency is required.
Commercial, industrial and institution waste is not accepted
For more information contact York Region at 1.877.464.9675 or www.york.ca/waste