The Vaughan Metropolitan Centre is the City's new downtown. The vision of a new downtown - a vibrant, modern urban centre for residents and businesses that encompasses all amenities of urban lifestyle from inspiring multi-use office towers, residences, open green space and urban squares, pedestrian shopping areas and restaurants, to walking and cycling paths. All coexisting with some of the most technologically advanced sustainable buildings in the world.
The Vaughan Metropolitan Centre is the superb location for companies that embrace innovation, creativity and the future economy. Businesses will have direct access to young, talented and skilled workforce. With an 8.6 km subway extension line (six new subway stations) including a new regional transportation hub, businesses will have direct and seamless connections to Toronto through York University, and the Greater Toronto Area.
With approximately 179 hectares (442 acres) of development opportunities, it includes:
- 1.5 million sq.ft. of office space, at minimum
- 750,000 sq.ft. of retail space
- 12,000 residential units to be home to 25,000 people
- Density targets of 200 people and jobs per hectare by 2031
- Employment targets of 11,500 jobs of which 5,000 will be new office jobs
A VMC brochure information highlighting the Land Use Plans is available as a PDF.